Hire Terms and Conditions
- Placing an order with us verbally, by phone, website or any other method of communication constitutes affirmation that you have read, understood and agreed to the following terms and conditions.
- Please read this agreement carefully, upon entering into this agreement, you the hirer agree to be bound by the terms within.
- These are the only terms and condition upon which we will contract with you. No alteration or substitution to these terms and conditions shall be valid unless agreed in writing.
- “Hirer” shall be deemed to be any person, firm or corporate body hiring equipment from time of delivery until collection and shall not sell, pledge, keep or otherwise deal with or part possession with the hired equipment.
- “Company” shall be deemed to be Pollen Flowers Ltd whose registered office is 88 Boundary Road, Portslade, Hove BN3 7GA trading as ‘Sussex Chiavari Chair Hire’ and ‘Pollen4hire’
- “Confirmation” shall be deemed to be the notification made by the client that they wish to proceed. This notification is subject to these terms and conditions.
- “Quotation” shall be deemed as any written Quotation submitted by the Company to the Hirer.
- “Hired Goods” shall include chairs, chair covers, and any other items hired by you from us under the contract for hire.
- The Company will submit a written quotation which the Hirer shall accept in writing: the absence of such written confirmation however shall not invalidate the Contract and all hired goods from the Company shall be subject to these terms and conditions. And the hirer, by authorising or allowing the goods to be delivered is deemed to have confirmed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- The hirer shall pay to the company £100 or 50% deposit at the time of making a confirmation to secure the hired goods, and the remaining balance must be paid 2 weeks prior to the event date. If the required delivery date is within 2 weeks of placing your order, full payment will be required, however payments can be arranged to be paid in instalments upon agreement with the Company.
- Payments can be made by pay pal, credit card/debit card or bank transfer. If the balance of the payment is not received the Company reserves the right to withdraw its acceptance of the Hirer’s order. No delivery will be made without receipt of the balance.
- If you wish to hold the hired goods for longer than the contracted period, please contact us in advance to discuss terms and conditions.
- No refunds or credits will be issued for any items that are returned unused.
3. DELIVERY AND COLLECTION SERVICE
- The Hirer is responsible for the hired goods from time of delivery until collection, and shall not sell, pledge, keep or otherwise deal with or part possession with the hired goods. The Hirer should therefore make every effort to ensure that the hired goods are kept dry and are retained in a secure place until this time. Hired goods that are not returned will be charged at the price quoted in your contract.
- Delivery will be made in person by an Sussex Chiavari Chair hire representative (drivers/porters).
- Delivery charges are quoted on an individual basis, based on the location of the venue. The Hirer/representative will be required to inspect and sign for the hired goods at the time of delivery.
- Any representative other than the Hirer who signs a delivery/collection note at the venue is deemed to be authorised to do so. Any shortfalls or damages to the order must be notified within 24 hours of the delivery. Any discrepancies that are not notified during this period will be exempt from any refund/credit.
- The Company avers that effort will be made when delivering hired goods to park its vehicle/s without contravening parking restrictions. If where the Company is required to deliver falls outside this category (i.e. red routes, double yellow lines, resident’s parking, etc) and a penalty charge is incurred, this will be payable by the Hirer.
- The Company’s drivers and porters are not allowed to erect or dismantle hired goods, unless arranged in advance with an Sussex Chiavari Chair Hire Company official’s prior agreement, and for which a charge will be incurred.
- Drivers collecting hired goods are not authorised to return deposits.
- All charges are based on 1-3 days hire. Longer periods will be charged as an extra as indicated at the time of order.
4. REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT
- A refundable deposit must also be provided with the balance payment 2 weeks prior to the dispatch of the hired goods. The sum of money payable will be dependant upon the value of the goods being supplied, and will be held as a deposit against the safe and prompt return of the goods under hire.
- The replacement cost of all losses and damage will be deducted from the refundable deposit.
- Substitute items will not be accepted and all damaged items remain the property of Sussex Chiavari Chair Hire and should therefore be returned.
- If, for any reason, you wish to cancel your confirmation order you should telephone 07939 428425 in the first instance. All cancellations or reductions in numbers of the hired goods must then be confirmed in writing and will only become effective on receipt of your cancellation email or letter.
- You will incur a cancellation charge based upon the value of the balance owing. This amount is dependent upon the length of notice we receive from you i.e.:
- Cancellations made from 4 weeks prior to the date of delivery will be exempt from a cancellation charge. Note your £100 or 50% deposit is non-refundable but no charge will be levied against the balance owing.
- Cancellations made less than 4 weeks prior to the date of delivery will be charged at 70% of the balance owing on the total contract price.
- Cancellations made within 7 days of the delivery date will be charged at 100% of the balance owing on the contract price.
6. DAMAGE OR LOSS
- Goods in the Hirer’s care shall remain the Hirer’s responsibility at all times.
- When goods are returned badly damaged in any way the Company reserves the right to charge the Hirer the replacement cost or treatment charge, and to include this to the Hirer’s payable charges, or deduct the amount from the Hirer’s deposit.
- Details of these charges are available upon request and will be included in the contract.
- The Hirer shall undertake not to attach any item or object to the furniture without the permission of the Company, and in the event of which replacement costs will apply.
- All goods remain the property of Sussex Chiavari Chair Hire
- The Company guarantees that at the time of delivery of all hired goods, the goods will be of satisfactory quality; however the Company will NOT be liable for any damage or loss during transit. The Company reserves the right to choose an appropriate replacement to the Hirer’s specified item should the necessity arise. Any necessary substitutions will be communicated to the Hirer prior to their order being dispatched.
- In no circumstances shall the Company’s liability to the Hirer exceed the invoice value of the contract.
- Sussex Chiavari Chair Hire or any of its employees shall not be liable in respect of damages/injury/loss or any other damage incurred in respect of this hire, as a result of any defect or damage to the item and the customer shall satisfy himself/herself of the suitability/condition/placement of the equipment upon receipt.
- Sussex Chiavari Chair Hire treats any personal information provided by enquirers and/or its customers in accordance with the provisions of the data protection act of 1998; and will only use the information supplied by enquirers and/or its customers via this website to contact them in connection with services provided and/or to respond to requests that have been made to provide any desired information.
- Use of the Sussex Chiavari Chair Hire website does not require an enquirer to disclose any personal information unless in the course of making an enquiry, to sign up for free reports or contact the Company directly via email.
- Sussex Chiavari Chair Hire does not sell, trade or rent your information to third parties.